Saturday, May 19, 2012

Growing Roofs

I was down on the site yesterday and was surprised to see that our Common House roof is now growing! Our weekly Building & Resources meeting tends to revolve around issues and risks so we don't always get to talk about what is going well.


The roofs on terraces A, B, C & E look almost complete; they now look far more "finished". Also, the scaffolding has been removed from Terrace A, which makes a large difference.


As you know I like my nature shots - so I will finish on a shot of the bluebell woods on the far edge of our land. They are hidden from prying eyes, so you have to know where to go, but are well worth finding. I think the display was better last year, but nonetheless still good this time.



Luke.

www.lancastercohousing.org.uk

3 comments:

  1. This is SO EXCITING! Thank you Luke - we missed our monthly visit to the site this month so it's great to see these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was also walking along the cycle path today looking at our site from across the river. you can see the sedum roof from there and the large PV array now fitted to terrace C

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s the kind of article I like to read, exceptionally well written with great content. I would like to start a
    blog on the same subject but I am not as good a writer as you are!
    Flat Roofs North East

    ReplyDelete